The history of the ceramic industry in the region of Santa Gertrudes started when the first families began to settle in the city between 1918 and 1930 and to found the first ceramics industries.
At that time were made only São Paulo and French tiles, future began producing the colonial lajotão and the floors and walls.
Being a region which received this type of activity, due to the rich quantity and quality of raw material, clay, and therefore the ease of mining, the sector grew and the city became the national capital of tile. Today along with Rio Claro, Cordeirópolis and Ipeúna forms the largest Polo ceramic of the Americas.
With the growth of this sector and the need for an entity that could represent this segment in the region was founded in 1960, the Union of Industries of Construction, Furniture and Santa Gertrudes Ceramics (sincer), whose first president Mr. Ruy Ribeiro de Almeida, a precursor of the union movement in the region. The territorial base of Sincer covers the cities of Santa Gertrudes, Rio Claro, Cordeirópolis and Ipeúna.
On July 10, 1985, opened his own office to better serve its members, totaling 29 ceramics in the region. However with the creation of Aspacer, a unified effort between the Association and the Union was necessary, and now they work in the same building in Santa Gertrudes, representing the interests of the ceramist class.